Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"It Is I, Be Not Afraid"

It is something to be thankful for if we have repented and have been born again Christians, because, my dear ones, we can then have the assurance of a living hope. We should not hesitate to pray to God, because ... what did these disciples do? Jesus drew nigh to them in the day when they thought everything was lost. (Note: text is John 6)

Oh, I have had the experience myself, if you will allow me to repeat it. It was during the World War at the front. There I was under continuous shell fire for three days and three nights and I prayed until I couldn't pray anymore. And satan even came and said, "Where is thy God?" Nevertheless, my beloved, Jesus our Saviour was right there saying, "It is I, be not afraid." Oh, my dear ones, that is a comfort and a consolation that every true believer in Christ Jesus can have. It makes no difference what might befall us. We should not turn back, neither should we lose our faith, but we should continue even if we think the Lord is not nigh.

What did Peter say when the rest turned back? If I do not err, Jesus said unto the twelve, "Will ye also go away?" Then Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life and we believe and are sure that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." That is a testimony. We should stand upon this firm foundation, the solid rock which is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who came into this world and died for your sins and for my sins. Now, my dear ones, one and all, we should be concerned about it, we should strive to make preparations to have that loving Saviour dwell in our hearts.

--Sermon Excerpt: Elder Bro. M.W.