Monday, October 26, 2009

My Lord and My God!

This is not the land of the living, but the land of the dying. But we seek one to come where -- when we put on incorruption -- we shall live forever.

And if we then are able to close our eyes in death, knowing that Christ is our Mediator, our High Priest, our Shepherd, knowing that it was for you and me that He died; and being not ashamed, but, as Israel (Jacob), to tell our children and our loved ones the wonderful story that made possible this salvation.

And that we then can die knowing that at the right hand of God, we have such a One who will make intercession for us, even as we go through the valley of the shadow of death. That He will say to the Father (even as He prayed in the garden), "These are those whom Thou hast given me; they are one, even as we are one."

That we might then in heaven -- on the other side of Jordan -- be able to say as Mary (Magdalene) said, "Master! My Lord and my God!"
--Sermon Excerpt: Elder Bro. B.M.