Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Forsake Me Not

O, forsake me not, Thou ever faithful,
Though to try me Thou Thy face dost hide;
Till I bear Thy likeness and impression,
Purge me as the gold is purified!
--Zion's Harp #182 vs. 14

Have you ever felt that God has forsaken you?

Perhaps He is only "hiding His face," as the hymn writer says, to try your faith.
All His efforts and desires in our behalf are for the purpose of purifying us as gold so that we can reflect "His likeness and impression."

Take courage in His promise: "...for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

Take Him at His Word. Believe His Word is true, even when you cannot "feel" it. Such faith in Him will make the Word true in your life.