Monday, January 10, 2011

Self Causes Brotherly Love to Suffer

"Let brotherly love continue." -Hebrews 13:1

You know when it says, "Let brotherly love continue," there's some assumptions there. One of the assumptions is that there already is brotherly love.

And I'm not sure exactly how to say this other than ... I really feel that there is brotherly love yet.

And i'm not sure of the right way to say it, but I guess I'll just say from my heart ... I'm somewhat fearful that it's suffering.

You know we can't blame the world around us for what we are. But sometimes it does have effects and influences. And as the world around us becomes more focused on self, if in any way that has an impact on us, it is going to be that brotherly love is going to suffer. You just can't love yourself and love other people.

And you'll tell me, "Well, that's not true." We can say that. We can. We can say it that way.

But really, if you love someone and others, you have to sacrifice self. Self cannot be promoted.
--Sermon Excerpt: Bro. G.B.