Monday, February 14, 2011

How Much Time Do I Have Left?

I think from the very time when we started out in school and was given an assignment, the first question we asked the teacher was, "How much time do we have?" Wasn't that true? "When does this assignment have to be done?"

When we are given a job today, one of the first things we are told is the time limit on it, if we work for someone. If we work in the fields as a farmer, we know that time - especially this time of year - is of the essence ... very important.

Beloved, time is the most important thing in the life of a child of God. Time is also the most important thing in the life of a person who has not become a child of God, who has not repented of their sin. Because we wanted to know, "How much time have I got left?" "How much time do I have?"

Isn't that the question we ask ourselves? I can very well remember, when I was unconverted, how I thought upon these things. It was a nagging concern in the back of my mind all the time.
"How much time do I have left?"
"Is there any time left?"
"Will I have time to repent before Christ returns?"

We read here that "... as the lightning cometh out of the east and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." (Matt. 24:27) I can remember, as a young person, entertaining thoughts in my mind, "Well, when I see Him coming, I'll quick repent."

Have you ever seen how fast lightning flashes from the east to the west? Much faster than the mind can think. We could NEVER repent in that short period of time. It would be too late. We might ask ourselves then, "How much time do I really have left?"
--Sermon Excerpt: Elder Bro. S.R.